Thursday 11 June 2009

Sweet,Sweet Friend

A friend of mine whos son was killed last year is sure "He" visits her as a "Robin"

Sat on my own on a summers day

lunch box open in a casual way.

Out of my eye I caught a flash

a small red breast in a dark green patch.

The smell of the grass,fresh mown today

left much longer,it would have turned to hay!

The sun is hot,the summers here

but up in a tree my friend is near.

There is NO snow,

NO frosty morn

my friend the "Robin" is not long born.

He comes to share my lunch each day

perched on a branch not far away.

I often chat,

and say hello

to my little feathered friend.........

3 comments:

er said...

Yep,I would like to think that there maybe some truth in reincarnation? What would "You" come back as if you had the chance?

Thanks for the comment - have a good weekend.

paulboo said...

I sure your friend gets great comfort thinking that way, whether reincarnation is real or not isn't important! :o)
Enjoyed your words and thoughts ER.

er said...

Thanks Paul,this was very,very sad a close friend had her son taken from her @ the age of 22. Killed by an idiot,with a punch to the head.

R.I.P. William

Thanks Paul,much appriciated.