Monday 25 January 2010

 

It's Hard to Say "Goodbye"

 

 

 

It's hard to say goodbye

I'm so very far away.

Those words, thoughts and sentiments

Is something we always say!

 

 

To lose someone that's close to me

Is hard to understand!

But to lose my beloved sister

I can not comprehend!

 

 

We lived on separate islands

Held apart by the sea

But that bond we had as sisters

Was very dear to me

 

 

The time has come, for you to rest

And sit at Gods right hand

Look down upon us everyday

We know and understand

 

 

Rest in peace my sister dear

Your memory will never die

So all I have to say to you is

"It's hard to say goodbye"

 

 

 

R.I.P. "May"

 

3 comments:

paulboo said...

Please accept my most heartfelt condolences to you and the family, my thought are with you at this tragic and very sad time. She will always be with you in your memories and that's something to be thankful for.

er said...

Many thanks Paul.this poem was written for a very dear friend of mine.Her mother lost her sister only last week,the mother lives in ireland and as the poem notes "It's very far away" - I had the pleasure of meeting the family many years ago,and the warmth extended to me was "Fantastic" a true irish welcolme. As you said Paul the memories will always remain.Both you and I have suffered loss in the last few years,and it's "NOT" easy !!!!!!!

paulboo said...

Don't know about you but I was very happy to celebrate the end of 2009!!!

They say that time is a great healer, of course it's hard to believe at the time of loss but it is true; life goes on.